Gluten-free lunches to have in hot weather
Hold up! Are you fed up of your gluten-free lunches?
It’s not like you really fancy a jacket spud in this weather. I mean, it's been nearly 40 degrees Celsius some days. Are we really living in the UK?!
When it's hot, we coeliacs tend to have even fewer options. So here are 7 different ideas for you to try that won't make you feel you're missing out.
1. Chicken kebabs from Waitrose with caprese and fresh salad.
2. Frittata from Lidl with fresh avocado and ham salad.
3. Ham & cheese toasties using Genius triple-seeded bread.
4. Sushi from Tesco and salad.
5. Pastry toasties using Jus-Rol gluten-free pastry (yes – pastry can go in your toastie-maker!).
6. Fresh goats’ cheese g-f muffins with sliced cold chicken and salad. Plus my fave carrot sticks!
7. Burger & chips with a bun. No, seriously! I got this from the amazing Tea Terrace in Guildford (they’re a chain so you can find them in other places, too). They had really good gluten-free burger buns, knew all about avoiding cross-contact and used a separate fryer.
In hot weather I can't face doing much so many of these meals are either a quick blast in a toastie-maker or fresh from a packet (like the kebabs).
But if you can get up early to avoid the heat then making a batch of muffins is a lot easier. These obviously take a bit more time than just grabbing a pack of sushi from Tesco but they were sooo good!
The question is, which will you try first? Let me know!